10 Benefits of Regularly Attending Reiki student Workshops
Following on from last month’s blog, where I was looking at the importance of ongoing study with Reiki beyond the formal training courses, I thought I would pick up on a point I made about as Reiki teachers are we effectively reinforcing the importance, or the benefits of ongoing study to our own Reiki students? So today I have listed 10 reasons why I believe students of Reiki can benefit from ongoing study with regular attendance at student events, be they in the form of a teaching, workshop or Reiki share format, to support their study of Reiki.
1.With something like Reiki, you might learn a technique during training, but it is only after putting it into practice a new question comes up for you about it, that you would not have had at your formal training course. With workshops you have regular access to your teacher, to ask any Reiki questions you have, as they arise.
2.With the best will in the world we will not fully retain every nugget of information within a 2 or 3 day training course at the first go. Workshops that focus on a key element of Reiki training, or even repeating the training itself 6mths or a year down the line can be helpful. (With Jikiden Reiki the option to repeat training courses at a fraction of the cost is built into the approach. I myself have taken both training levels 5 times now).
3.Some techniques that are new, at the point of learning at a course you will be getting the framework of the technique, the finer refinement can only be taught once the framework is in place, so will come at a later time. An example being Kekko (circulation method) there is a lot to take in, refinement comes later once we have the technical level sorted. So events such as workshops and especially repeating training Shoden course with help you improve your proficiency and confidence with this and other techniques.
4.You receive Reiju from your teacher at many events (with Jikiden Reiki) helping keep the channel clear for Reiki energy as well as going towards improving your perception in your hands for when giving Reiki, as well as being helpful to you in itself.
5.You have regular opportunities to practice what you have learnt and deliver Reiki treatment to other students, along with coaching helping you refine your skill and perception in your hands.
6.You will receive coaching, helping to build your confidence in what you learnt in the courses.
7.You can receive a Reiki treatment yourself from other Reiki students. Commonly from a group which is great. For many this also provides an opportunity to reach those areas it is hard to get to with self-treatments, such as shoulders back and legs.
8.You can meet other like-minded Reiki students, which is helpful as many practice Reiki in relative isolation, you can discuss with other students your experiences with your practice of Reiki as part of a community.
9.You can pick up nuggets of information and subtle ways to deliver treatments, hand positions from your teacher who has no doubt delivered thousands of professional Reiki treatments.
10.Attendance to regular workshops provides a rhythm to your regular self-care, a commitment to yourself, and your practice of Reiki. It can be a self-value activity, a demonstration that you are dedicated to your study of Reiki. It can support your healing, rejuvenation, it can be a time for you, it can support your personal growth, it could be an activity that is looking after yourself, in the busy world we live and no doubt where we spend a lot of time helping others, or depleting ourselves. An opportunity to re-centre, recover. Not to mention at my events my tea making skills are gaining legionary status now.
I hope you have found these points useful to consider. For those who would like to find out more about upcoming Reiki student events, more details can be found here>
Get My Free Report:
3 Things You Must Understand About Reiki To Get The Greatest Results With It
About the author, Shaun Mckeown: could be labeled as a performance strategist, coach, teacher, or a life balance specialist. In essence Shaun is a strategic, creative problem solver, with a holistic view. He has 20 years professional experience helping people with health, well-being, sport performance, reducing stress and life balance. He has a BSc.(Hons) degree in Sport and Exercise Science, as well as experience coaching and teaching in exercise conditioning, holistic lifestyle and nutrition, sport performance and Reiki. So both science and holistic perspectives.
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article. Shaun Mckeown, disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article.
- Apr 1, 2019 10 Benefits of Regularly Attending Reiki student Workshops Apr 1, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 The Importance of Viewing Reiki as an Ongoing Practice Mar 1, 2019
- Feb 1, 2019 Is Reiki Really Fluffy? Feb 1, 2019
- Dec 3, 2018 10 Benefits of Learning Jikiden Reiki- For Those Already Trained in Reiki Dec 3, 2018
- Nov 2, 2018 Using Reiki to Help Children Nov 2, 2018
- Sep 4, 2018 Viewing Reiki from a Spiritual Perspective Sep 4, 2018
- Aug 8, 2018 Viewing Reiki from a Healing Perspective Aug 8, 2018
- Jul 9, 2018 The Potential of Reiki To Support Health Jul 9, 2018
- Jun 4, 2018 The Value of Reiki For Your Well-being Jun 4, 2018
- May 14, 2018 Viewing Reiki From A Personal Growth Perspective May 14, 2018
- Apr 12, 2018 5 Ways Reiki Can Help Improve Your Sleep Apr 12, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 Reiki: The scientific Debate Mar 12, 2018
- Feb 23, 2018 7 Ways Reiki Can Help You Reduce Stress Feb 23, 2018
- Feb 12, 2018 Using Reiki for Relaxation Feb 12, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 A Guide to Finding The Right Reiki Course & Teacher Jan 2, 2018
- Dec 19, 2017 A Guide to Finding The Right Reiki Practitioner for You Dec 19, 2017
- Nov 28, 2017 What is Jikiden Reiki Nov 28, 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Reiki Frequently Asked Questions Oct 31, 2017
- Oct 6, 2017 What is Reiki? Oct 6, 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 Jikiden Reiki: A Powerhouse for Reducing Stress Sep 27, 2017
Well-being & Performance
- Jan 1, 2019 3 Tips To Ensure Your Efforts To Lose Weight Are Not Wasted Jan 1, 2019
- Oct 4, 2018 3 Ways A Simple Natural Law Can Help Us In Our Lives Oct 4, 2018
- Mar 26, 2018 Why Sleep is Vital For Health & Performance Mar 26, 2018
- Jan 24, 2018 Has Health Insurance Got it The Wrong Way Round? Jan 24, 2018
- Nov 15, 2017 What Does Health Mean to You? Nov 15, 2017
- Oct 17, 2017 What We Can Learn About Balance and High Performance From Athletes Oct 17, 2017
- Sep 13, 2017 Warning: What You Need to Understand About Stress Sep 13, 2017
- Sep 1, 2017 What is Life Balance and How Does it Relate to Performance? Sep 1, 2017
- Aug 10, 2017 What Elite Sport can Teach Driven People About Recovery for High Performance Aug 10, 2017
- Aug 1, 2017 Why a Focus On Time Management Will Keep You Busy For Life Aug 1, 2017