Viewing Reiki from a Healing Perspective
A common result of Reiki is to experience various healing responses, most commonly on an emotional level. The healing effect with Reiki is such a common result, that many Reiki professionals label what they do within a session/ appointment as: Reiki healing. People have reported various healing results with Reiki, however if we simply focus on emotional healing the positive knock-on effect to well-being is not hard to see.
As an example we may find a person’s physical challenges, or their current reality is actually a deeper emotional challenge, or internal conflict, so you might say that full recovery would not be possible without a deeper level of emotional healing. This may be a journey that takes time and approached differently with each individual, healing in some form is usual in each person’s journey towards well-being.
Many times people have come to me for Reiki treatments, purely to help them with a well-being benefit, such as to help them de-stress or relax, yet the real benefit they gain from Reiki energy is much more profound, such as helping them to let go of some deeply buried emotional hurt or that is causing a chronic disruption in their body that they have been holding onto for 25 years, or help with issues such as grief, be that current of past grief buried in the body. Many of these people would have (and many did) state categorically that they did not have any healing that needed to be done, they just needed help to relax, sleep, or similar.
This deep healing capacity of Reiki is not so surprising when we consider what Reiki is – by definition Reiki is ‘soul energy’. This part of Reiki can be the hardest to comprehend, however in the context of this article relating to the healing capacity of Reiki, an awareness of what it is, is all we need. So if we look at the nature of Reiki as being universal consciousness itself, working at a soul level with someone, then it’s no real surprise that Reiki has a knowingness of what needs healing within each person.
Reiki is interwoven within a person’s physical, emotional and spiritual body and knows how to best promote healing in the healthiest way for that individual at that time. In a Reiki treatment, this might unfold as creating a healthy flow of energy within an individual whilst also dissipating the tensions and disruptions in the body, whilst going deeper within a person’s consciousness and performing healing on that level also.
Healing can take a more physical form, in its application supporting healing after something like surgery, or an injury, to support recovery, yet most of the time we see Reiki used on emotional healing.
Commonly as a practitioner, within the first couple of Reiki treatments we can get a sense of the degree of healing needed in a specific area, but we don’t know how the healing will unfold. We have consistently observed with our own clients that Reiki can help people find the courage to do what they know they need to do to heal something that isn’t working in their life. Reiki can also gradually or sometimes more dramatically dissipate, congestion around an issue, so someone might feel they are not weighted down by the issue and that the burden has been lifted. Commonly clients have said that they feel lighter after such an event. Sometimes the person might release the issue through tears during a treatment or at a later date. Sometimes the healing involves some action to be taken, sometimes this is easy, sometimes less so. This can happen in one event or over a few treatments.
A point to make here is effects of Reiki treatments can become even more profound and healing for those who seriously pursue training and practice in Reiki. It is also worth noting that this healing capacity of Reiki is always a positive event in the long-term. It can help people feel much happier and at peace with themselves, their past, more content in life and less restricted in life.
If you found this content helpful, why not share it with friends
About the author, Shaun Mckeown: could be labeled as a performance strategist, coach, teacher, or a life balance specialist. In essence Shaun is a strategic, creative problem solver, with a holistic view. He has 20 years professional experience helping people with health, well-being, sport performance, reducing stress and life balance. He has a BSc.(Hons) degree in Sport and Exercise Science, as well as experience coaching and teaching in exercise conditioning, holistic lifestyle and nutrition, sport performance and Reiki. So both science and holistic perspectives.
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article. Shaun Mckeown, disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article.
- Aug 8, 2018 Viewing Reiki from a Healing Perspective Aug 8, 2018
- Jul 9, 2018 The Potential of Reiki To Support Health Jul 9, 2018
- Jun 4, 2018 The Value of Reiki For Your Well-being Jun 4, 2018
- May 14, 2018 Viewing Reiki From A Personal Growth Perspective May 14, 2018
- Apr 12, 2018 5 Ways Reiki Can Help Improve Your Sleep Apr 12, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 Reiki: The scientific Debate Mar 12, 2018
- Feb 23, 2018 7 Ways Reiki Can Help You Reduce Stress Feb 23, 2018
- Feb 12, 2018 Using Reiki for Relaxation Feb 12, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 A Guide to Finding The Right Reiki Course & Teacher Jan 2, 2018
- Dec 19, 2017 A Guide to Finding The Right Reiki Practitioner for You Dec 19, 2017
- Nov 28, 2017 What is Jikiden Reiki Nov 28, 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Reiki Frequently Asked Questions Oct 31, 2017
- Oct 6, 2017 What is Reiki? Oct 6, 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 Jikiden Reiki: A Powerhouse for Reducing Stress Sep 27, 2017
Well-being & Performance
- Mar 26, 2018 Why Sleep is Vital For Health & Performance Mar 26, 2018
- Jan 24, 2018 Has Health Insurance Got it The Wrong Way Round? Jan 24, 2018
- Nov 15, 2017 What Does Health Mean to You? Nov 15, 2017
- Oct 17, 2017 What We Can Learn About Balance and High Performance From Athletes Oct 17, 2017
- Sep 13, 2017 Warning: What You Need to Understand About Stress Sep 13, 2017
- Sep 1, 2017 What is Life Balance and How Does it Relate to Performance? Sep 1, 2017
- Aug 10, 2017 What Elite Sport can Teach Driven People About Recovery for High Performance Aug 10, 2017
- Aug 1, 2017 Why a Focus On Time Management Will Keep You Busy For Life Aug 1, 2017