Jikiden Reiki: A Powerhouse for Reducing Stress
In this topic I want to look at a method that can really pack a punch to help you reduce stress. I have been using Reiki to help people with various challenges over the years, I am a teacher in various styles of Reiki, however I specialise in practicing and teaching authentic Japanese Jikiden Reiki and I am an official branch of the Jikdien Reik Institute, kyoto, Japan. As a quick intro Reiki is a natural therapy and practice from Japan that uses energy to restore balance and in its full application is a path of personal growth towards greater inner peace.
One of the most common reasons many people seek out Reiki in the first place I have found is to help them reduce stress. In this article I wish to focus on the application of Reiki with stress reduction, so in this light, the question is: how might Reiki be a helpful in reducing stress? Reiki can have a positive effect on reducing a person’s stress load in many different ways as it targets the problem from multiple angles at the same time so compounding its positive effect. From an acute perspective, when someone comes into a Reiki treatment in a heightened state after work with their sympathetic nervous system dominant, i.e. stuck in turbo - Reiki will commonly induce a state of balancing the body and mind which promotes a parasympathetic dominance - an acute relaxation response which goes beyond that experienced by common self-relaxation techniques.
Reiki also can help improve sleep. Sleep deprivation is a big stressor on the body and Reiki can help in this way so reducing the total stress load. Reiki tends to affect people in a manner that provokes a level of underlying calm that will commonly last hours, or a day or so after the first treatment. This benefit deepens and holds for longer as subsequent treatments are performed progressively becoming the norm or baseline level for many. This commonly is communicated to me as someone reporting a greater tolerance for stress in general: things don't bother them as much, or they have a higher threshold before something feels overwhelming to them.
"After each Reiki treatment with Shaun the relaxation seemed to grow, my sleep improved, I found myself much better able to respond to stressful situations. This reduction in my stress levels has helped reduce my previously daily headaches significantly.”
From an eastern view of health and well-being, there is the belief that during Reiki treatments on an energetic level chronic load or tension, be that in the shoulders, or an organ can be identified and dissipated with Reiki energy, thereby clearing stagnations in energy flow to organs and the body in general so promoting a healthy functioning body and mind. Reiki by its nature has a strong focus on internal (emotional) stressors such as stored anger, frustration, fear, hurt or guilt which a person may have been carrying around with them and can be stored energetically in the body which, again from an eastern perspective on health, can be very stressful for that person. Reiki provides a release valve for such issues that can have a very powerful positive effect.
"Receiving Reiki from Shaun has been a wonderful gift. I have seen improvements in my mood, Reiki has helped me become more patient, calmer, happier, less stressed and better able to cope with the demands of my busy life. Having now learnt Reiki I can also share this gift to help my family as well. "
Reiki is believed to be the very energy of life in nature. The definition of Reiki means Soul energy. To receive this energy in a treatment adds to your body's reservoir of life force and life vitality directly during the treatment, which is believed to have a fortifying effect on the body, from an eastern view of health. On a deeper level, for many people Reiki treatments induce greater clarity in thought and intuition/inner awareness that can help a person identify deeper causes of internal stress for them. It can also help them more clearly realise what in their life is right for them and what is in conflict with who they are as a person at their core (soul), so deep internal conflict within them which can be a cause of ongoing stress can then be addressed, offering the potential to achieve a greater fulfilment and happiness in their life. Just broadly viewing the ways in which I have observed the positive effects of Reiki in my own clients helping them in relation to reducing their stress levels, you can see its potential.
"I first tried Reiki with Shaun to see if it could help me reduce my stress levels and calm my active mind. My Reiki sessions are some of the only times my mind switches off. My sleep has improved and I have also seen reductions in my stress levels. Shaun is a very calm and non judgemental professional. I thoroughly recommend him."
Bear in mind that the above point are only relating to Reiki in a therapy, treatment setting. Reiki in its complete form is a practice, with training and principles, a way of being as well as other parts that ramp its potential up markedly. For more information about Jikiden Reiki treatments click here.
If you found this content helpful and think it would be of interest to your friends, why not share it with them
About the author, Shaun Mckeown: could be labeled as a performance strategist, or coach, or a life balance specialist. In essence Shaun is a strategic, creative problem solver, with a holistic view. He has over 15 years professional experience helping people with health, well-being, sport performance, reducing stress and life balance. He has a BSc.(Hons) degree in Sport and Exercise Science, as well as experience coaching and teaching in exercise conditioning, holistic lifestyle and nutrition, sport performance and Reiki. So has both science and holistic perspectives.
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article. Shaun Mckeown, disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article.
- Nov 2, 2018 Using Reiki to Help Children Nov 2, 2018
- Sep 4, 2018 Viewing Reiki from a Spiritual Perspective Sep 4, 2018
- Aug 8, 2018 Viewing Reiki from a Healing Perspective Aug 8, 2018
- Jul 9, 2018 The Potential of Reiki To Support Health Jul 9, 2018
- Jun 4, 2018 The Value of Reiki For Your Well-being Jun 4, 2018
- May 14, 2018 Viewing Reiki From A Personal Growth Perspective May 14, 2018
- Apr 12, 2018 5 Ways Reiki Can Help Improve Your Sleep Apr 12, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 Reiki: The scientific Debate Mar 12, 2018
- Feb 23, 2018 7 Ways Reiki Can Help You Reduce Stress Feb 23, 2018
- Feb 12, 2018 Using Reiki for Relaxation Feb 12, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 A Guide to Finding The Right Reiki Course & Teacher Jan 2, 2018
- Dec 19, 2017 A Guide to Finding The Right Reiki Practitioner for You Dec 19, 2017
- Nov 28, 2017 What is Jikiden Reiki Nov 28, 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Reiki Frequently Asked Questions Oct 31, 2017
- Oct 6, 2017 What is Reiki? Oct 6, 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 Jikiden Reiki: A Powerhouse for Reducing Stress Sep 27, 2017
Well-being & Performance
- Oct 4, 2018 3 Ways A Simple Natural Law Can Help Us In Our Lives Oct 4, 2018
- Mar 26, 2018 Why Sleep is Vital For Health & Performance Mar 26, 2018
- Jan 24, 2018 Has Health Insurance Got it The Wrong Way Round? Jan 24, 2018
- Nov 15, 2017 What Does Health Mean to You? Nov 15, 2017
- Oct 17, 2017 What We Can Learn About Balance and High Performance From Athletes Oct 17, 2017
- Sep 13, 2017 Warning: What You Need to Understand About Stress Sep 13, 2017
- Sep 1, 2017 What is Life Balance and How Does it Relate to Performance? Sep 1, 2017
- Aug 10, 2017 What Elite Sport can Teach Driven People About Recovery for High Performance Aug 10, 2017
- Aug 1, 2017 Why a Focus On Time Management Will Keep You Busy For Life Aug 1, 2017