Jikiden Reiki Courses Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham
Learning traditional Japanese Jikiden Reiki can be a very positive and healing experience, indeed it can be life changing. It's easy to learn and once you have taken Reiki training the gift of being able to access and channel this natural healing energy, it will be with you for life.
I offer Reiki training courses for those who are looking to learn Reiki and wish to learn authentic Japanese Reiki and wish to ensure what they are taught is accurate. The reality exists that there is huge variations in what is taught within Reiki courses, all under the banner of Reiki, Japanese Reiki, or Usui Reiki. Some with greater distances from the original teachings than others. I teach Jikiden Reiki, which is authentic Japanese Usui Reiki, the way it used to be taught in Japan, with the integrity of the system maintained. Jikiden meaning directly taught, so its Reiki taught the way it was originally taught in 1920's & 1930's Japan without the misunderstandings, omisions, or modifications we see with Reiki today. As an official branch and accredited teacher with the Jikiden Reiki Institute, Kyoto, Japan, you have the confidence that what you are being taught is indeed authentic Japanese Reiki.
“After a long, arduous search for a Reiki teacher, a series of 'synchronicities’ led me to Shaun. The atmosphere on the course was warm and welcoming and I felt at ease straight away. Shaun is a knowledgeable teacher and is able to simplify the content . Its been amazing."- Paula Grant: Birmingham
Learning Jikiden Reiki:
- You will be able to access natural Reiki energy for life, whenever you want!
- You can actively promote your own health, well-being, healing and personal growth.
- You will have tools to practically support the well-being of your family and friends.
- You will have a powerful tool to aid life balance in a busy world.
- You will have techniques to support your own emotional healing and well-being.
- You can promote your own relaxation, clarity in thought, reduce stress and much more!
"I was looking to learn original Japanese Reiki and found it. The Jikiden Reiki course was excellently paced and relaxed. Shaun didn't come across as a pretentious spiritual guru, rather as an intelligent thinking man who impressed me immediately with his straightforward approach. I feel very fortunate to have discovered Jikiden Reiki with Shaun." - Graham Wendes: Coventry
Selecting Your Reiki Teacher
This is an important topic. The selection of your teacher is an importance choice, one which is not taken lightly in Japanese culture. My advise is first ensure what you would be taught by a teacher is what you are looking for. If authentic Japanese Reiki is what you are looking for, the only safe guard I would feel comfortable advising is to learn from an accredited Jikiden Reiki teacher, then start looking at the teacher. As if the teaching you receive is not what you were looking for you will only end up learning again later down the line. Many who learn Reiki from me have previously taken Reiki training before elsewhere. Again this is not a decision to be lead by who is offering Reiki training at the cheapest price. Have a look at the teachers about page on their website, what reviews are there from students? (this will be bias towards positive, but can be helpful). Read some articles they have written, get a feel for their approach. You can always speak to see if it feels like a fit for you, ask some questions. Then go with your gut, do not ignore the synchronicity that led you to finding the teachers you have, listen to your intuition and then commit to your training.
“I took both the Shoden and Okuden Jikiden Reiki training courses at the same time, taught by Shaun over three days and found them to be extremely informative and gave me a great sense of self belief. I found Shaun’s explanations of the history and the techniques of Jikiden Reiki easy to understand, his teaching style is very straight forward. I find him to be extremely knowledgeable and passionate about Jikiden Reiki." - Samantha Monnington- Kingsbury
About Your Reiki Teacher Shaun Mckeown
I was originally trained to teacher level and taught Usui Reiki (western teachings). I have been a teacher and coach for many years, so teaching Reiki was a natural thing for me to do. Since then I have studied to teacher level and taught more modified as well as traditional styles of Reiki from prominent teachers from the USA, Europe and Japan. I have also trained in Jikiden Reiki (authentic traditional Japanese Usui Reiki) with Tadao Yamaguchi, the president of the Jikiden Reiki Institute, Kyoto, Japan. (picture of me receiving my Gokia skroll when I was granted Shihan (full teacher) level in Jikiden Reiki and became a registered branch of Jikiden Reiki here in the UK. My Jikiden Reiki Lineage is:
About the Jikiden Reiki Courses
My priority is that you feel confident in your understanding and proficiency in using Reiki, the size of my Reiki classes are kept small to aid learning. There is also ongoing post-course support for all my Reiki students with optional monthly Reiki workshops. Japanese Reiki is easy to learn and even easier to use. Jikiden Reiki is a solid natural therapy that has a depth of understanding of Japanese Reiki teachings with a practical focus. My Jikiden Reiki courses are suitable for complete beginners to Reiki as well as those who have received training in Reiki before. Most Jikiden Reiki beginner level courses are a mix of people new to Reiki and those who have had some previous training in Reiki elsewhere. Commonly both Jikiden Reiki training courses are taken together, either as a three day course, or within a few weeks of each other, however the option does exist to take the Shoden and Okuden training separately.
Accredited Jikiden Reiki Shoden (Beginner Level) Training Course
During the Jikiden Reiki Shoden (beginner) course (comparable to what is commonly termed level 1 in the west) you receive three traditional Japanese Reiju (process of enabling you to channel Reiki energy) over the duration of the course, directly from your Reiki teacher, which will enable you to access the natural healing energy of Reiki from that point forward, whenever you wish to, for the rest of your life.
Learning Jikiden Reiki can support you on a path of self healing and personal growth whilst also helping you navigate today's hectic modern lifestyle and achieve greater balance and peace in life. It also has applications to help you relax, de-stress, improve your sleep as well as support your personal growth among other benefits. The Shoden course is conducted over two full days. There are no prerequisites you just need an open mind and a willingness to learn something new. The training you receive is accredited by the Jikiden Reiki Institute in Kyoto, Japan and the course preserves original Japanese Reiki customs. There is no exam element to the course, just supportive evaluation and coaching throughout each day. In addition to the ability to use Reiki for yourself, you will also be able to use this gift to help family and friends after this course.
What you will learn:
- The history of Japanese Usui Reiki, its journey from its start to today both in Japan and in the western world
- Understand how misunderstandings of original Japanese teachings developed in Reiki in the western world
- Understand key Japanese Reiki concepts
- Learn about the Usui Reiki Gokai (principles of living to support health, wellbeing and personal growth)
- Learn depth of understanding in the traditional Reiki Kanji (characters)
- Receive traditional Japanese Reiju (activation to Reiki energy) three times during the course
- Understand what Reiki is and how it works to support your body's natural healing mechanisms
- Learn how to treat yourself with Reiki to support your own healing, health and wellbeing
- Reiki Mawashi: (giving and receiving Reiki- group technique)
- Applications of Reiki with first aid
- Koki: (Reiki with Breath)
- Gyoshi: (Reiki with the eyes)
- Bushu: (Reiki combined with a rubbing technique)
- Learn the traditional Japanese Reiki concept of Byosen (understanding how to sense areas of toxicity or tension)
- Learn the 1st Shirushi (symbol) its background, uses and application to Reiki treatments
- Practice giving and receiving Reiki
- Ketsueki kokan ho: Reiki Circulation Technique (a full body technique to assist the body's cleansing processes)
- Heikin Joka: Understanding of the body's natural balanced cleansing processes
- Hatsurei Ho: (technique to help develop your sensitivity in your hands to Byosen)
- Reiki Okuri (group Reiki energy building exercise)
- You will Receive the official Jikiden Reiki Institute course manual
- You will receive an English course certificate
- You will receive a personalised Japanese traditional block print certificate issued from the Jikiden Reiki Institute, Japan
Jikiden Reiki Shoden Level Training Course: £220
You can secure your place with only a £50 deposit
Accredited Jikiden Reiki Okuden (Deeper Level) Training Course
The Jikiden Reiki Okuden level course(comparable to what is termed level 2 in the west) builds on the teachings of Shoden level, where in addition to receiving two further traditional Japanese Reiju during the course, you will learn more advanced techniques relating to supporting healing and personal growth. The Okuden level course consists of two parts which are delivered over a full day of training. We go deeper into theoretical understanding as well as practical experience of the topics covered. The prerequisites for Jikiden Okuden training is attendance on a Jikiden Reiki Shoden level training course, with an accredited Jikiden Reiki teacher.
Although this second level of training is a requirement for those wishing to perform Reiki treatments on the public, the Okuden level is more about deepening your understanding of Reiki and so is a natural progression from the Shoden training. The additional techniques learnt during the course are just as relevant for self healing as they are for working with others, which widen the applications of Reiki for you, therefore Okuden level training is recommended for all reiki students. Okuden training completes the Jikiden Reiki system in terms of techniques to learn. Higher levels are solely for those wishing to teach Reiki.
What you will learn:
- Receive traditional Japanese Reiju twice during the course
- Learn the Japanese Kotodama that relates to the psychological treatment
- Learn Enkakku Chiryo (distant Reiki treatment) where you will learn how to deliver Reiki remotely
- Learn the Jumon that relates to Enkakku Chiryo
- Learn variations and additional applications of Enkakku Chiryo
- Learn the second Shirushi (symbol) its background and its application within the psychological treatment
- Psychological treatment: traditional Japanese technique specifically used to target unwanted habits, patterns of thinking, as well as emotional and psychological challenges, with application to a wide range of concerns from; specific fears, anxiety, unwanted habits, to emotional trauma
- You will receive an English course certificate
- You will also receive a personalised Japanese traditional block print certificate issued from the Jikiden Reiki Institute, Japan. (note: if you take Shoden and Okuden training in close succession, you will receive one combined Japanese certificate)
Jikiden Reiki Okuden Level Training Course: £250
You can secure your place with only a £50 deposit
Please note that the prerequisite for taking Jikiden Reiki Okuden level training is that you have completed Jikiden Reiki Shoden level training. All UK course fees set by the Jikiden Reiki Institute, Kyoto, Japan. Existing Jikiden Reiki trained students are welcome to repeat their Jikiden Reiki training with me at reduced course fees set by the Jikiden Reiki Institute: Repeating Shoden course £90. Repeating Okuden course £60 (contact me for more details). As has traditionally been the way in Japan, I provide opportunities for ongoing support for all my students of Jikiden Reiki to develop with their Reiki beyond the course itself, with optional monthly Reiki workshops to practice, receive coaching and ask any questions you have. You will also be eligible to attend any Jikiden Reiki event in UK or internationally should you wish to in the future. So a comprehensive support system is there to support you once you have taken your initial training.
Reiki Training Course Schedule
Jikiden Reiki Shoden Course (Beginner Level): Sat 20th & Sun 21st Jan (10am-5:30pm) Location: Sutton Coldfield
Jikiden Reiki Okuden Course (Deeper Level): Sun 28th Jan (10am-5:30pm) Location: Sutton Coldfield
Jikiden Reiki Shoden Course (Beginner Level): Sat 17th & Sun 18th Mar (10am-5:30pm) Location: Sutton Coldfield
Jikiden Reiki Okuden Course (Deeper Level): Sun 25th Mar (10am-5:30pm) Location: Sutton Coldfield
To get updates on new course dates, Reiki events sign up to newsletters here>
The Next Step
If you are interested in taking an accredited Jikiden Reiki training course and would like to find out more, or book on a course, the next step is to arrange a free Discovery session with me and we can have a conversation and better understand what you are looking for and determine the best option for you. To find out more about arranging a free Discovery Session appointment with me, click on the link below: